Monday, May 06, 2013

Final day in the US before leaving to Sweden, Europe

Today I woke up at 9:00 am and the first thing that popped up in my headd was, wow I still need to pack knowing that I have a lot of stuff to get done today. The second thing was wow! I am gtting ready to go to europe tomorrow this is insane. But I look at this situation and I thank the man above for blessing me with an opportunity of a lifetime. I mean really though how many people can say theyhave  been to europe with just about everything being paid for, get to continue playing football, and also meeting new people, getting acclimated with a new culture, as well as doing some traveling, and gettting paid to do it. I sit back aand look at how blessed I truly am. Now, it may not be the NFL like most people in America would look at it, but think about how this works. I am not having football be the center piece of my life. It doesnt run me, we are partners we work together. I dont have to worry about the daily stress of if I dont practtice I dont get paid, so now how am I going to feed myself or provide and maintain this rich lifestyle I have become accostomed to? I am not a guy thats all about the money.... But back to how this last day is going. I have finished packing, well almost still a few things I need to figure out but for the most part its complete. I will be leaving the US with two big bags, a backpack and a carry on item. Im not sure if Ill have enough options each day as i do when I open my closet to get reafy for the day but for the most part Ill be ok. Oh well I will enjoy every step of this journey as best as I possibly can.

So far I have gotten about 45 phone calls from peope who wanted to say "see you later" because its never goodbye. It is so intresting to see the people that come out when things are going good in your life, where were you when I was beating myself up over getting through school, having hard times in life, and wondering what to do with my decision? But hey it is ok these are the defining moments that shape us all into who we eventually want to become.

After a while it has begun to get boring. I am sitting here trying to think of what I should do as far as sacrificing and leaving some stuff here so I can fit my personal pads. I already have a limited amount of clothing that Im taking so I have no idea. I need to get out of the house for a bit because when I start thinking it turns into stress and I don't want, nor do I need to stress. Ill figure something out.

Dinner, well for me I woudnt mind going o inn-&-out for my last meal here. a nice double cheese burger with fresh cut fries and a strawberry milkshake, mmmmm making my mouth water already. I would like this because I have been to plenty of dinners and I mean when its all said and done, I would rather have a tastful and pleasing meal that I want instead of some over the top $50.00 plate that doesnt even fill you up. But I have to choose somewhere that is somewhat nice, I hate making these decisions. We ended up going to a burger joint called Tony's Burgers, I ordered a burger that had beef, bacon, a fried egg with a little bit of lettuce and ketchup. The first bite had the yolk of the egg shooting out, but my oh my was it delicious. After that we went to see Iron man 3 which was a pretty cool movie I thought.

After all was said and done the night was over! I am sitting here thinking to myself, here we go, time to experience the world in front of me. Im going to have a blast. Karlstad Sweden, welcome me with open arms as I embrace the beauty and elements of life you have to offer me.



No comments:

Post a Comment